Dr. Dre is an American rapper, hip-hop composer, and businessman that helped popularise gangsta rap. He was born André Romelle Young. He formed N.W.A. with other rappers Eazy-E and Ice Cube in 1986.
Dre is most renowned for his work as a producer, even though he was a rapper in N.W.A. You’ve come to the correct spot if you want to discover more about Dr. Dre’s net worth. This page will provide you with all of the information you want on Dr. Dre’s net worth.
Dr. Dre Information
- Full Name: Andre Romelle Young
- Net Worth: $820 Million
- Age: 55
- Height: 6’1”
- Born: February 18, 1965
- Country of Origin: United States of America
- Source of Wealth: Hip-Hop Producer/Entrepreneur
Dr. Dre Net Worth
Dr. Dre is a rapper, actor, entrepreneur, and producer from the United States. Dr. Dre has a combined wealth of $820 million as of this writing. Dr. Dre is one of the most popular musicians of the last 3 decades. His singing career has netted him hundreds of millions of dollars, and he has made even more money via numerous entrepreneurial ventures.
Dre has sold dozens of millions of albums & singles over his career, first as a member of N.W.A afterward, as a solo artist. Through his production company/label, Aftermath Entertainment, he started the careers of both Eminem and 50 Cent.
Outside of music, Dr. Dre co-founded Beats by Dre, a consumer electronics firm that was purchased by Apple in May 2014 for $3 billion. Because Jimmy and Dre each held 25% of Beats by Dre at the time of the transaction, they each received $750 million in pre-tax profit.
Dre’s post-tax fortune was $820 million immediately after the sale.
Other Achievements of Dr. Dre
- He has six Grammy Awards under his belt, including Producer of the Year for Non-Classical Music.
- He was awarded Hustler of the Year at the B.E.T. Hip Hop Awards, and he won the title (2014)
- For “Let Me Ride,” earned the Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance.
- Keep Their Heads Ringin’ won Best Rap Video at the 1995 MTV Music Video Awards, while “Forgot About Dre” won Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group.
Dr. Dre Net Worth Quick Facts
- As a performer and producer, he has sold hundreds of millions of C.D.s.
- Eminem and 50 Cent’s careers were launched by Aftermath Entertainment.
- Beats by Dre, a headphone firm, is where he made the majority of his money.
- In 2014, he sold Beats by Dre to Apple for $3 billion.
- Dre and co-founder Jimmy Iovine controlled 25% of Beats at the time of the transaction.
- Dre and Jimmy each acquired around 1 million shares of Apple in the deal, which netted them $750 million before taxes.
- It’s probable that Dre now holds 4 million Apple shares after the stock split 4-1 in 2020.
- Dre paid $50 million for Tom and Giselle’s L.A. property just a month after selling Beats.
- In all, he owns real estate valued at almost $80 million.
Dr. Dre Background
On February 18, 1965, Dr. Dre was born. Dre grew up in the burgeoning hip-hop environment of Los Angeles’ South Central neighborhood. Dre learned to D.J. as a teenager at nightclubs.
He joined World Class Wreckin’ Cru, an electro-hop band, in 1984. Dr. Dre joined the rap group N.W.A. led by rapper Eazy-E after meeting fellow rapper Ice Cube. The group’s debut album, “Straight Outta Compton,” was released in 1988 on Eazy-and E’s Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records.
Violent, profane, but also undeniably revolutionary, the album will go on to become one of the most vital albums in the forming of hip-hop.
Dre departed Death Row in 1996 after getting dissatisfied with the company’s continual legal issues and conflicts. He gave up his back catalog rights as well as his corporate ownership share.
Dre subsequently claimed that when he left Death Row, he walked away with $50 million. He swiftly founded Aftermath Entertainment, which would later house Eminem, Mary J. Blige, and 50 Cent, among others.
So this is all from us about Dr. Dre’s Net Worth. Currently, the net worth of Dr. Dre is $820 million.
Is it true that Dr. Dre was ever a billionaire?
According to reports, the entrepreneur has a net worth of $820 million as of 2022.
How much money did Dr. Dre make from the Super Bowl?
As Eminem confronts the N.F.L., Dre spends $9 million on the “single finest halftime show” in Super Bowl history.