Eddie Murphy is one of Hollywood’s highest-paid performers, as well as one of the wealthiest. Eddie Murphy is really an actor, comic, writer, director, as well as a singer from the United States. From 1980 until 1984, he was a regular cast member of the sketch show Saturday Night Live, where he came to popularity.
The John F. Presidential Center for the Musical Theatre presented Eddie Murphy with the Mark Twain Award for American Humor in 2015.
Eddie Murphy had performed as a voice actor, most notably in Disney’s Mulan when he played the Chinese dragon Mushu. So, if you’re interested in learning more about Eddie Murphy’s net worth, keep reading.
Eddie Murphy Information
- Full Name: Eddie Murphy
- Height: 5’9”
- Net Worth: $200 Million
- Age: 59
- Born: April 3, 1961
- Country of Origin: United States of America
- Source of Wealth: Professional Comedian/Actor
Eddie Murphy Net Worth
Eddie Murphy is a multi-millionaire with a net worth of $200 million. Eddie Murphy is one of Hollywood’s highest-grossing performers. His films have made approximately $7 billion at the worldwide box office as of this writing.
Eddie has easily made over $300 million in pay and backend royalties throughout the course of his career. Eddie was paid $70 million by Netflix in 2019 to perform a series of comedy specials.
Eddie was regularly one of the highest-paid performers in the world throughout the late 1990s and 2000s, making upwards of $20 million each film.
Other Achievements of Eddie Murphy
- He got the Best Actor prize at the National Society of Film Critics’ Awards for his performance in the 1996 film.
- In the years 2008 and 2011, he got the ‘Kids’ Choice Award’ for ‘The Best Voice from an Animated Film’ for his work.
- He also took home the ‘Saturn Award’ for ‘Best Actor.’
Eddie Murphy Quick Facts
- In 1981, he got $4,500 for each SNL appearance.
- The next season, his salary was increased to $30k each episode, and he was paid $14 million for the first season of “Beverly Hills Cop.”
- For “Nutty Professor II” received $60 million in backend points.
- During his career, he has earned at least $300 million in movie salaries.
- In 2006, he paid ex-wife Nicole a $15 million divorce settlement.
- She has ten children.
- Eddie purchased a private island in the Bahamas for $15 million in 2007.
- His Beverly Hills home is estimated to be valued at $30-40 million.
Eddie Murphy Background
Eddie Murphy was born on April 3, 1961, in New York. He grew up in the Bushwick area of Brooklyn. His mother worked as a telephone operator, while his father was a transit officer who also dabbled in stand-up comedy.
Eddie’s father died when he was eight years old. His mother ultimately recovered & married.
After hearing a Richard Pryor comedy record as a youngster, Eddie got infatuated with humor. Bill Cosby was also a big influence on him. Eddie joined the cast of Saturday Night Live when he was 19 years old, in 1980.
The sitcom was failing in the ratings at the time, having lost all of its original stars. Eddie was a huge success, propelling the program to new heights. Eddie worked at Saturday Night Live until 1984.
So this is all from us about Eddie Murphy’s Net Worth. His ambition was to become a comedian and delight the world with his witty and intelligent wit. When he earned the part of a comedian in a television show, he got his big break. Currently, the net worth of Eddie Murphy is $2000 million.
Is Eddie Murphy a billionaire?
No. Eddie Murphy is not a billionaire with a net worth of $200 million.
What is Eddie Murphy’s Net Worth?
$200 million US dollars
What is Eddie Murphy’s house worth?
Eddie Murphy’s mansion is valued at more than $76 million.