Grace and Frankie is one of the most enjoyed comedy series on Netflix. Howard J. Morris and Martha Kauffman have created such an incredible masterpiece equally loved by almost all generations.
It is about the two best friends who became friends by chance as their husbands began liking each other to the point of getting married. Seven seasons of the series have been released so far, with 82 episodes, each having a run-time of 25-35 minutes.
The series had a premiere on May 8, 2015, on Netflix, and the seventh season of the series was released on August 13, 2021, with only four episodes. This was disheartening for the fans as they waited so long for the seventh season. Predictions for an eighth season have also been made for a long.
This article will cover everything relating to the latest official announcements regarding Grace and Frankie Season 7 and Season 8. To know what the show has for you, keep reading till the end!
Will, there be Grace and Frankie Season 8? ( Release Date )
Well, there is both good and bad news for the viewers of Grace and Frankie. Fans must be expecting the Grace and Frankie Season 8 Release Date, but the series’ streaming platform has canceled Season 8 the series as per the latest news available.
But that’s not the end; the two leading stars of the series, Jane and Lily, recently told their fans that the four episodes of the final or seventh season are available for streaming on Netflix after a long interval of nineteen months. Moreover, the concluding and remaining 12 episodes of Season 7 or the final episodes of the series will be premiered on April 29, 2022.
Grace and Frankie Cast
As we all know that ‘Grace and Frankie’ is not going to have its eighth season, therefore here we will not talk about Grace and Frankie Season 8 Cast; instead, we will tell you the names which are going to be there in the last and final season of the series.
- Jane Fonda will play the role of Robert’s ex-wife Grace Hanson who becomes Frankie’s best friend after so many years.
- Lily Tomlin will act as Frankie, who always gets into funny situations and needs the Grace to save her. She is their ex-wife of Sol and does every possible thing to take care of her loved ones.
- Sam Waterston will be playing the character of Sol Bergstein, who is also Robert’s husband. He used to be a divorce advocate but later became a reformer for gay rights.
- Martin Sheen will be portraying Robert Hanson’s character, a retired divorce advocate who later joins theatre. He was Grace’s husband but later developed a love for Sol.
- Brooklyn Decker will depict the character of Mallory Hanson, who was Madison’s mother and Nick and Sol’s stepdaughter.
- Ethan Embry will be playing the role of a music teacher named Coyote Bergstein. He is Sol and Frankie’s first child.
- June Diane Raphael will play the role of Brianna Hanson. She is Barry’s girlfriend and Grace and Robert’s first child.
- Baron Vaughn will portray the character of Nwabudike Bergstein. He is Sol and Frankie’s second child.
- Other Recurring characters in the seventh season of Grace and Frankie include Barry (played by Peter Cambor), Adam (played by Michael Charles Roman), Joan Margaret (Millicent Martin), Allison Giampietro-Smikowitz (Lindsey Kraft), Nick Skolka (Peter Gallagher) and Elena Seda (Niccole Thurman).
- Tim Bagley will be seen in the guest role of Peter.
Grace and Frankie Final Season Trailer
Here, we are not referring to Grace and Frankie’s Season 8 trailer, as the seventh season will end the series. The news is officially confirmed by Netflix and the star cast of the series. Although Grace and Frankie’s Season 7 trailer is already available to watch, you can check it on YouTube or Netflix.
Grace and Frankie Season 8 Storyline
There is no news regarding Season 8 of the series except that it has been canceled. However, twelve episodes of Season 7 are ready to hit the Netflix platform soon. The story revolves around the two unique lady characters named Grace and Frankie.
Later, the two women became best friends, but they couldn’t even adjust before that. Then, their husbands divorced them for each other, which brought a sharp turn in the lives of Grace and Frankie. But later, the two ladies start sharing a strong bond, showing everyone how to live life to the fullest despite all the odds.
Grace and Frankie is one of the longest-running TV series on the streaming giant Netflix. It is seven seasons long, and each season was a massive hit and a successful entertainer. With the 12 upcoming season 7’s episodes, the series will become one with the highest number of episodes on Netflix. For the audience, it will be saddening to see Grace and Frankie go after completing the seventh season.
But the series was so much loved and appreciated that the producers may think of renewing it for Season 8 sometime in the future. Although no such news is available right now, we will inform you if something like this happens in the future. Keep following this page!
Do you want Grace and Frankie to return for Season 8 ? Feel free to share your views about it in the comments below.