We have some jolly news for passionate fans of How I Met your mother. On the same lines, “How I Met Your Father” is on the run!
The show is all set to illuminate your screens and bring a smile to your face. The series How I Met Your Mother has gained worldwide appreciation. It has been showered with love by people of all age brackets.
The young, old, teens and middle-aged had cherished every bit. Now, it’s turn for How I Met Your Father to prove its worth. It has taken inspiration from Carter Bay’s and Craige Thomas’s series.
What we know so far about the series-
HOW I MET YOUR FATHER PLOT AND PREMISE OF THE SHOW
Even though not much is known about the series, here are some things that we have put lights on:-
As obvious it is, the name takes us back to a very popular sitcom. How I met your Mother had aired from 2005 to 2014. Spin-offs or crossovers are not confirmed yet. The show will be set in 2030, and the events will occur in the present day, 2022.
Release Date- 18 Jan 2022
How I met Your Mother had ended, making us heavy and craving something as spectacular as this. And the name of this new upcoming show already suggests that we will get a taste of something very similar. It has been 7 years now since we bid farewell to the big crew of How I Met your mother.
- This show will be a female point of view or a female version of the story.
- We will see our protagonist Sophie, narrating to her son about how she met his father.
- We hope to see something interesting as the season is set in 2022, where dating becomes harder by the day.
- Interestingly, Sophie also looks quite similar to Tracy, wife of Ted Mosby, from this series’s male counterpart.
- Sophie and her young pals will be seen demystifying the cloud of confusion we have regarding personal and professional lives.
- The show’s tone is light-hearted, and the genre is a romantic comedy.
- The trailer released gave a comic vibe too, where we see a distressed Sophie talking to her friend about her disastrous dating life.
- The audience enjoys a good laugh when they hear Sophie telling that she has been on as many as 87 Tinder dates!
Overall, it will be refreshing to watch something similar after a well-placed gap. However, not much has been revealed about the show, we might see a strong network of friends in this series. You will witness the funny saga of the younger generation, paddling their boats trying to find direction in their lives.
All these things point out how this series will be a funny and exciting journey. We will get a peek into the life of a New York youngster. Basically, it will be a universal story that everyone can relate to. This is also because Sophie embarks on a journey of self-discovery. Along with her companions, she will be seen making major life decisions.
We will see the characters adapting to various life situations and discovering their passion and love. Digitization has made life easier than ever. But what are the strings that are attached to it? We will know someday if Sophie gets to live her dream in a vast sea of millions of choices.
We have ushered in the era of social media dating apps and their likes, so will Sophie be able to complete her long-desired love story in this digital era?
WHERE WILL YOU GET TO WATCH THIS SHOW?
Enough about how good the show is going to be. Viewers will be able to stream this show seamlessly on the application Hulu. If you wish to watch it on a larger screen, then the Hulu web portal will be perfect. Use your laptops or smart TVs and enjoy this show.
- Android or iPhone users can select the authentic app from the relevant web stores. After downloading it, you can watch this comedy series.
How I Met your Father Cast
The confirmed actors playing their part in How I Met Your Father are:-
- Hilary Duff will be playing the role of the narrator and protagonist. Her character is named Sophie.
- Francia Raisa will be playing a character named Valentina. She is a stylist by profession and will enact the part of Sophie’s friend cum roomie.
- Chris Lowell as Jesse. He wants to make music in the future. He drives Uber as a way to earn money.
- Tien Tran as Ellen. She will be playing the role of Jesse’s half-sister. She had a recent fallout with her wife and moved in here in NYC.
- Suraj Sharma will be starring as Sid. He is Jesse’s roommate and his best pal.
- Tom Ainsley will be playing the role of Charlie. He always has his head held high because of his imperial origins. He is a fashion junkie too. He will also act as Valentina’s potential love interest.
- Michael Hall plays the role of Ian. He is someone Sophie’s swiped right on Tinder. They meet and go out on a date eventually.
How I Met Your Father Theories by Fans
No sooner did the show announce its arrival date than fan theories started doing rounds. One such fantasy that fans want to come true is that of
Barney’s character walks into this show as well.
Fans think it would be splendid to have Barney as a special entrant here. The previous sitcom had not slated a very good ending for him. He eventually separated from the love of his life Robin. Fans have to say that even though Barney is a loving father, he cannot suppress his frivolous nature.
Barney might have ended up on several modern dating apps to find himself a companion. He might eventually end up going on a date or two with Sophie. Who knows. If this crossover happens, the storyline will take quite an intense and interesting turn. Barney was the only one whose fate was obscure.
Overall, fans might find a resolution for Barney’s character. All the things mentioned above are merely fan speculations.
What does Hilary Duff have to say?
Hilary Duff, who plays Sophie, has so much to say. Here’s what she revealed in an Instagram video addressing her fans:–
“I’ve been incredibly lucky in my career to play some wonderful characters, and I’m looking forward to taking on the role of Sophie. As a huge fan of How I Met Your Mother, I’m honoured and even a little nervous that Carter and Craig would trust me with the sequel of their baby Isaac and Elizabeth are brilliant, and I can’t wait to work alongside them and all of their genius. Just fangirling over here getting to join the Hulu Originals and 20th families. I realize these are big shoes to fill and I’m excited to slip my 6½’s in there!.”
ISAAC APTEKER AND ELIZABETH BERGER.
They are the ones who gave birth to this idea of a series that will be narrated from the female perspective. They said they were beyond more than enthralled to bring How I Met Your Father to Hulu.
“ Carter and Craig’s iconic original series revolutionized the half-hour comedy, and we are so honored to be carrying the torch forward for the next generation — and with Hilary Duff no less! We can’t wait for audiences to meet Sophie and her crew, and watch them come into their own and find love in modern-day New York City. And we hope nobody thinks it’s weird that Bob Saget will be playing old Hilary Duff’s voice.”
Thus as evident as it is, both the crew members and viewers are very excited to watch the series. It will be a great hit after we have seen the trailer. Sophie will remind us of Ted Mosby. We can even see Marshall and Barney’s friendship. Robin will be missed a little lesser, now.
We hope this series which just saw gender roles getting reversed, will be loved as much as its inspiration. It is tough to compete and hold the same standards as the 2005 series.
Bob Saget narrated 9 seasons. Unfortunately, we do not know who will lend her voice to Sophie’s story. None of this, though, has dampened our spirit. Stay tuned on Hulu in January!