Whenever we hear the term Kung Fu, one thing comes to our mind: Action. Kung Fu refers to Chinese martial arts, which means a form of self-defense or attack. Many series and movies have been produced based on Kung–Fu in the past and present.
On March 9, 2022, Kung Fu Season 2 was released on the CW television network. The first season of Kung Fu aired on the same platform on April 7, 2021. Kung Fu is an American martial arts action series produced by Christina M. Kim (developer of The CW series), Ed Spielman (creator of the original series), Greg Berlanti, Martin Gero, Robert Berens, and Sarah Schechter.
Kung Fu is adapted from the series Kung Fu and Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, released in 1972 and produced by Warner Brothers Television. The only difference between them is that the old series had a boy in its main role. But in CW’s Kung Fu, the lead role is being played by a girl.
The show received positive reviews and ratings after the first season was aired, and we hope season 2 will continue with the similar hype. The show earned an IMDb rating of 5.3/10. And the good news is The series has also been renewed for a third season in March 2022.
Kung Fu Season 2 Release Date
Kung Fu Season 2 has already been released on March 9, 2022. The first episode of Kung Fu Season 2 was released on March 9, following which a new episode gets aired every Monday. There are 11 episodes to be aired in Kung Fu Season 2, and the last one is scheduled to be aired on May 25, 2022.
Kung Fu Season 2 Cast
Each cast of the show has played their role well in the last ten seasons. We have seen the amount of love they have received from their viewers and audience for their performance.
Here is the list of all the cast from Kung Fu Season 2:-
- Olivia Liang is Nicky Shen, the main protagonist of the show. Who is on a journey to save her life and find the killer of her Shaolin Mentor.
- Eddie Liu plays the character of Henry Yan, Martial art instructor.
- Tzi Ma as Jin Shen, Nicky’s father
- Yvonne Chapman returns as Zhilan Zhang, and she is mysteriously linked to the Monastery Nicky was trained in. She murdered Pei-Ling in her quest for power.
- Shannon Dang portrays the character of Althea Shen, Nicky’s Sister.
- Kheng Hua Tan covers the screen as Mei-Li Shen, Nicky’s mother.
- Jon Prasida is playing the character of Ryan Shen, Nicky’s brother.
- Vanessa Kai is Pei- Ling Zheng, Nicky’s Mentor, who has been murdered but appears in flashbacks.
- Gavin Stenhouse plays Evan Hartley, Nicky’s ex-boyfriend, and assistant District attorney.
- Tony Chung plays the character of Dennis Soong, Althea’s Fiance.
- Kee Chan returns as Russell Tan, a wealthy businessman.
- JB Tadena plays Sebastian, chef of Harmony Dumplings.
Kung Fu Season 2 Trailer
The trailer of Kung Fu Season 2 is already available on various platforms. The trailer solely focuses on Nicky’s journey in life and finding the murderer of her mentor Pei-ling. In addition, this series shall also show the path to the discovery of her cousin Mia. The trailer of the series also shows Russel Tan’s journey to expand his criminal enterprise.
Kung Fu Season 2 Storyline
The series Kung Fu reimages Kung Fu 1972 and Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. The series Kung Fu(2021) is set in the present day and revolves around a girl named Nicky Shen. Nicky is a young college student forced to leave her college for personal issues and is seen making a life-changing decision to join a Shaolin Monastery.
In the later part of the series, Nicky returns to America after three years and is forced to use her Shaolin values and martial arts skills to protect her community in San Francisco. However, her journey becomes tough when she finds out that her Shaolin mentor has been killed and she is the next target. So the series continues by showing her journey for survival while trying to find out the killer of her mentor.
Kung Fu Season 2 Premiere Date
Season 2 has already premiered on the CW television network on March 9, 2022.
Kung Fu Renewal Status
The series has already been premiered and renewed for the third season in March 2022. So by the time you are done watching Kung Fu Season 2, Kung Fu Season 3 will be halfway through its production.
This series is the reimaging of the older series Kung- Fu. The only major difference is that this series has been made to motivate and encourage females to learn martial arts and other self-defense techniques by making the show’s protagonist a female. So, if you have missed any episode from Kung Fu Season 2, go watch and complete the series. Then, stay connected for more updates.