Mariah is one of the best-selling singers of all time, having sold over 200m copies of her records worldwide. The artist is still making money off her 1996 holiday hit All I Want For Christmas. Mariah is said to make roughly $500,000 per year in royalties from the single track.
Mariah Carey Information
- Net Worth: $320 Million
- Date of Birth: Mar 27, 1970
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5 ft 8″
- Age: 52 years old
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Model, Record Producer, Author, Composer, Actor, Film Producer, Voice Actor
- Nationality: United States of America
Mariah Carey Net Worth
Mariah Carey has a $320 million net worth. She first married Tommy Mottola, whom she divorced in 2000. She married filmmaker Nick Cannon, who she divorced in 2014. Moroccan and Monroe are Mariah’s two children from her marriage to Nick Cannon.
Quick Facts About Mariah Carey
- Mariah Carey graduated from high school in New York in 1987. She never attended college, preferring to pursue a career in music instead.
- She was the highest-paid recording artist in the world by 2001.
- Her vocal performance on Emotions is one of her most outstanding.
- After coming to New York City, her father changed his surname from Nunes to Carey. Mariah’s mother was an opera singer and coach.
- In the 1980s, Mariah relocated to New York City to seek a career as a recording artist.
- Mariah, her debut studio album, was published in 1990 and rocketed to the top of the Sales chart.
- When Mariah first began creating songs in the 1990s, she shared a Manhattan flat with four pals. She had to rely on waitressing to make ends meet before finding success with her debut record.
- The album is still one of the best-selling Christmas albums in the United States, and it will return to number one in the United Kingdom in December 2020, after being off of the top spot for 26 years.
- Her song Hero also deserves mention. It was a hit in the US and reached the top ten in the UK.
- The song was apparently recorded in under two hours, demonstrating Mariah’s brilliance.
Even at a young age, Carey had exceptional indicators of creative ability. Her favorite subjects at school, aside from arithmetic, were painting, music, and literature. She enjoyed singing and began creating poems with music to accompany it. That spurred her first desire to pursue a career as a singer-songwriter.
Her album catapulted her to the top of the Billboard charts, earning her two Grammy nominations: Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Best New Artist.
This was discussed on Mariah Carey’s Net Worth, in which we have discussed the artist’s wealth and her career. We shared details about her early life and the achievements that Mariah has been completing ever since.
How rich is Mariah?
In terms of sales, Mariah is a great singer and one of the richest female artists too. She is the second best-selling female singer with her ground-breaking records of all time, after only the greatest singer Madonna. She has a lot of number-one singles than any other female songwriter/producer in the history of the Billboard Hot 100.
How much awards does Mariah has on her name?
She has fifteen Billboard Music Awards, five Grammy Awards, and ten American Music Awards as of 2022.
Who is the spouse of Mariah Carey?
She married filmmaker Nick Cannon, who she divorced in 2014. Moroccan and Monroe are Mariah’s two children from her marriage to Nick Cannon.