Michael Jordan is largely regarded as the best basketball player ever. Jordan is also regarded as one of the fascinating figures in NBA history. His Airness, in addition to all of the honors and awards he has received over his illustrious career and amassed a sizable financial portfolio. Nonetheless, we’ll be looking at Michael Jordan’s net worth in 2022 in this piece.
Michael Jordan Information
- Full Name: Michael Jordan
- Height: 6’4”
- Net Worth: $1.7 billion
- Nationality: USA
- Source of Income: Basketball Player
Michael Jordan Net Worth
Michael Jordan’s net worth is estimated to be $1.7 billion in 2022. Because it’s still early in the year, this figure may fluctuate based on when you were reading this vs. when it was written.
Michael Jordan’s worth dropped by $500 million between 2020 and 2021. Jordan’s net worth was predicted to be $2.1 billion in 2020, making him the world’s richest retired professional athlete.
According to Business Insider, he will become the first billionaire sportsman and enter the three-comma club in 2014. Jordan, on the other hand, was recently reported to have lost around $500 million in an unusual manner.
The six-time NBA champion earned about $90 million in his career, with $63 million coming in his last two seasons with the Chicago Cubs. Nike, Gatorade, Hanes, McDonald’s, and Upper Deck provided him with a consistent source of revenue from sponsorships.
Michael Jordan clearly made the majority of his money after retiring from basketball, as seen by his basketball earnings. He is still a Nike ambassador and has his own clothing brand, Jordan Brand, which is part of the Nike family.
Jordan is said to receive over $100 million in royalties from Nike alone, according to Business Insider.
Other Achievements of Michael Jordan
- Michael Jordan, widely regarded as the NBA’s best all-time player, won six championships with the Chicago Bulls.
- During his career, he earned $90 million in wages, but he has made $1.8 billion (pre-tax) from corporate partners, including Nike, Hanes, and Gatorade.
- In September 2020, MJ joined sports betting company DraftKings as a special advisor to the board of directors and an investor.
- In late 2020, he also became a co-owner of a NASCAR franchise.
- Jordan, who owns the Charlotte Hornets, agreed to sell minority ownership in the NBA franchise for $1.5 billion in a 2019 deal.
Michael Jordan Quick Facts
- Michael Jordan is widely regarded as the best basketball player of all time.
- With a net worth of $1.6 billion, he is also the world’s richest retired professional athlete.
- He has developed a prosperous career and used his riches for charity reasons after retiring in 2003.
- He also has a private golf club, extensive mansions, an NBA franchise, restaurants, and a DraftKings involvement.
Michael Jordan Background
Michael Jordan was born in Brooklyn on February 17, 1963. When he was a toddler, his family relocated to Wilmington, North Carolina. With two elder brothers, one older sister, and a younger sister, he was the fourth of five children.
He did not make his high school basketball team as a sophomore owing to his height. That year, he concentrated on other sports such as baseball and football.
He stood 6 feet 3 inches tall in his junior year and made the team. He averaged roughly 20 points per game throughout the year. He was named to the McDonald’s All-American Team his senior year.
Michael Jordan is among the most well-known NBA players. He’s also recognized for being a Nike Air Jordan endorser and for starring in the film Space Jam.
ESPN has dubbed Jordan the best North American athlete of the twentieth century. He is presently a part-owner and the Charlotte Bobcats’ head of basketball operations.
Michael Jordan’s net worth is $1.7 billion as of 2020. He has made $1.4 billion in pre-tax endorsement earnings thus far in his career. From his NBA salary, he made roughly $93 million. In a divorce deal with his first wife, he lost $170 million.
Michael’s ownership share in the Charlotte Hornets has proven to be his finest professional investment. In 2010, he paid $175 million for controlling ownership of the squad.
In 2019, he sold minority ownership in the squad to an investment consortium for $1.5 billion in a deal that valued the organization at $1.5 billion.
What NBA player is the wealthiest?
Michael Jordan is the richest NBA player in the world, with a net worth of $1.7 billion USD.
In the year 2021, how much money would Michael Jordan earn?
In 2021, nearly two decades after he hung up his high tops for good, his pivotal Nike relationship, which paid him a basic salary of $500,000 his first year, will give him an estimated $150 million in royalties.