How are you doing, DC Fans? If you are a hardcore DC fan, you must be familiar with the famous DC Character Batman. If you are familiar with Batman, you must also be familiar with his ally Alfred Pennyworth. He plays the role of assisting Bruce Wayne, aka “Batman,” to save Gotham City from criminals. But before this, he also had his past with Wayne Family. The series highlights the early days of his career.
Pennyworth is a crime-thriller action series, and the story revolves around the early days of Alfred Pennyworth’s career. He was a retired British soldier who served in Indonesia-Malaysia Confrontation.
He then forms his own Security Company and becomes the arch-rival of the fascist Raven Society. He unites with American Agents Thomas Wayne and Martha Kane to work against that society.
The show was initially released on July 28, 2019, on Epix. It received an expected great response from its audience and was soon renewed for a second season. As a result, season 2 of Pennyworth got released on December 13, 2020.
Both the seasons have collectively 20 episodes (10 each) with an average running time of 50 minutes. However, the suspense will not last too long as Pennyworth Season 3 was announced last year and will now be available on HBO Max.
Pennyworth Season 3 Release Date
Though the show’s third season was already announced last year, there has been no official release date available till now. However, in October 2021, the show’s makers announced on various social media platforms that the show would soon be returning to our screens. The show’s previous two seasons were released on Epix, but it was revealed that the third season would be airing on HBO Max.
The show’s second season got delayed due to Covid-19 Pandemic protocols and was released late in December 2020. Therefore, following the previous pattern of the show, we can expect Pennyworth season 3 to release in December 2022. We will keep you updated on this.
Pennyworth Season 3 Cast
Since the second season concluded, the fans have been speculating about their favorite characters to return on screen soon. It is not officially confirmed about any addition to the cast, but we expect the main leads to reprise their roles. They are listed as follows:-
- Jack Banon as Alfred Pennyworth. He is the most important character in the show, and it is based upon him only. He is a former British soldier who started his own Security Company and became the arch-rival of Raven Society.
- Ben Aldridge as Thomas Wayne. He belongs to Gotham City and is from a wealthy background. He also plays the role of an Undercover Agent of the CIA, working under the No Name League.
- Emma Paetz as Martha Kane. She also plays the role of an undercover agent who hires Alfred along with Thomas, and later on, they get married.
- Paloma Faith as Bet Sykes. She plays the role of a sadistic leader of the fascist Raven Society.
- Polly Walker as Peggy Sykes. She plays the role of the sister of Bet Sykes.
- Ryan Fletcher as Wallace Daveboy McDougal. He plays the role of a close friend of Alfred, who served with him in his army days and is a drunkard.
- Dorothy Atkinson as Mary Pennyworth. She plays the role of Alfred’s mother.
- Ian- Puleston -Davies as Arthur Pennyworth. He plays the role of Alfred’s father, who is alive in a life-supporting wheelchair now.
Pennyworth Season 3 Trailer
The show’s third season was announced last year, but there were no updates after that. The filming for the second part got delayed due to the pandemic protocols, which also affected its release dates. Though there are rumors that the filming and production work for next season is underway, soon we will get good news. Following the previous pattern of the show, the trailer of Pennyworth Season 3 might be released in October 2022. Stay tuned for more updates on this!
Pennyworth Season 3 Storyline
The second season’s conclusion was left in a cliffhanger, which made the fans demand for another season to continue. We saw Alfred offer to swallow the capsule at the climax of the second season, but after that, Gully’s volunteers become blue and die. Alfred then bid goodbye to his wife before turning off his life support and dying.
We shall see the continuation of the story from here in the upcoming season. He again has to lead the charge against Raven Society to stop conspiracy against the British Government. It will be quite interesting to see how the story catches up from here.
Pennyworth Season 3 Renewal Status
Pennyworth Season 3 was already renewed last year and is set to release later this year. This season will be released on HBO Max, unlike its previous 2 seasons on Epix. This season can also have 10 episodes like the previous ones.
Alfred Pennyworth is a famous character published in DC Comics and is most popularly known as an ally to DC Superhero Batman. The series Pennyworth focuses on his past life, i.e., before becoming an ally to the superhero. It narrates his army days and how he worked against the Fascist group Raven Society teaming up with Martha and Thomas Wayne.
It received a great response from the audience and critics, with an 8/10 rating on IMDB and an 86% average score on Rotten Tomatoes. The fans hope to see many more seasons of the show shortly. We will keep you updated about any further development. Till then, you can binge-watch the previous seasons of the show.