The Lord of The Rings is a blockbuster series consisting of three fantasy epic adventurous stories directed by Peter Jackson, based on the famous novel written by J.R.R. Tolkien. The three parts named The Fellowship of the Ring released in 2002, The Two Towers released in 2003, and the final one named The return of the King, released in 2004.
Newline Cinema produced the whole series, where WingNut Films was the co-producer. This masterpiece film was awarded the best music, best story, and best visual effects. The Characters also gained proclamation because of their jaw-dropping performances.
The Lord of the Rings Series Release Date
This megahit series was launched consecutively year after another. The first movie named‘ The Fellowship of the Ring’ came out on 15th march breaking all the records, and following that the next part‘ The Two Towers’ was released on 28th of march and the final movie‘ The Return of the King’ was released on 19th of December.
The Lord of the Rings Cast
The series adapted from J.R.R. Tolkien’s novel has a conceptual casting. Here is the complete cast name with the characters they are playing as follows:-
- Elijah Wood (Lead Character) as Frodo Baggins
- Orlando Bloom was cast as Legolas
- Viggo Mortensen as Aragrom where Ian McKellen played the vital role of Gandalf
- Ian Holm played a very significant character of Bilbo Baggins
- Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd played the role of Merry Brandybuck and Pippin Took
- Cate Blanchett as Galadriel
- Tiv Tyler as Arwen
- Sean Bean as Boromir
- Bernard Hill as Theoden
- John Noble as Denethor II
- Sala Baker played the strongest part
- The devil as Sauron
Some other fascinating characters like Randall William Cook as Cave Troll and Alan Howard played the role of the voice of the ring. In contrast, personalities like Ethan Van Der Ryn, Grant Major, Ngila Dickson plays essential roles.
The Lord of the Rings Trailer
The trailer starts with an incredible background voice imparting the whole story behind the ring made by the devil named Sauron in mount doon to conquer middle earth. Going by the trailer, a boy was shown frightened though making an effort to destroy the ring and desperately begins the journey with many uncertainties accompanied by nine fellow mates.
- The Two Towers: The journey continues, but the fellowship is broken, and the negative energy grows stronger, where Frodo and Sam are lost in the way and discovers that they are being followed by the mysterious creature Gollum.
- The Return Of King: The Trailer begins with Vivacity, where Gandalf and Legolas discuss Frodo. Then they show Frodo proceeding towards mount doom and Gollum accompanied by sam, whereas the war continues following uncertainties, and everything comes to an end.
The Lord of The Rings Plot
- A ring that was lost for centuries by the twist of fate came to a little hobbit, and he was all set to destroy the powerful ring as it was creating a lot of uncertainties in everyone’s life. As it is made by the devil Sauron in mount doom to conquer Middle Earth, the Chaos continues where the elves and the humans both took part to triumph the war against Sauron in vain unless one human courageously cut the finger and owned the ring.
However, the spirit did not die and remained within the ring, as the ring can destroy then and there, but greed wins. They kept the ring which results in further devastation until it goes in the hand of Gollum. Gollum kept the ring for centuries, but Bilbo discovered it. After taking advantage of the ring for a long time, he decided to go on an adventure, leaving the ring at home. This time ring came in the hand of Frodo, who took the initiative to destroy it along with eight companies.
- As the journey continues, the uncertainties increase, and the fellowship is broken, which was made previously. Powerful and evil forces set the quest to search Frodo with the powered ring. Frodo lost his way in the mid path and discovered they were being followed by a mysterious creature named Gollum, who still wants to kill Frodo and own the ring but all in vain. In the meantime, chaos began in middle earth and the habitats of the dwarfs.
The ring’s power grows, so do the armies of Evil forces of the Sauron and the Saruman. The future civilization rests on the ring’s power, which needed to be destroyed.
The Lord Of Rings: Storyline
It was the second age, when 19 rings were made – ‘The Rings of Power’, where 3 rings were given to the Elves, 7 rings to the Dwarfs and 9 rings to the humans, making them the most powerful personalities at that time. Further, it proved that humans are the most greedy creatures. However, secretly at a remote place named Mount Doom, a ring was being made by the evil character Sauron. Sauron is the one who is all set to conquer middle earth and wants to reign the whole territory.
And with the help of the ring, he continues to defeat small regions, leading to a great war where elves and humans participated together to defeat the demon all in vain. However, a human courageously came forward and cut the finger of Sauron, which led to his ultimate destruction; however, his spirit remained alive within the ring. The lust for power did not let humans destroy the ring again.
Moreover, the ring betrays his owner and kills him by conspiracy, drowned in a river and lost for centuries. It was later discovered by a mysterious creature named Gollum. Gollum safely kept that magical ring for almost 500 years, then the ring itself again betrays his owner, and latterly it was discovered by a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins in the misty mountains.
He kept it for a long time until he was prepared to start a new adventure and decided to leave his hometown, Sierra. The ring is kept at home under the guidance of his friend Gandalf, a wizard who came to meet Bilbo on his 111 years Birthday. Gandalf then handed the ring to Bilbo’s nephew ‘Frodo’ and advised him to keep the ring with himself and leave the town.
The ring is being searched by some evil spirits and informs him of all the mystery behind the magic ring, which was secretly heard by his dearest friend Sam, who accompanies him and leaves the town as advised by Gandalf.
On the way, the other two hobbits, Merry and Pippin, joined them. Following twists and turn throughout the journey, however, they escape from those 9 evil spirits. In the midway, many things happen; however, Frodo meets his uncle Bilbo. After that, a meeting was arranged where there was an Elf named Legolas, a human named Boromir and a dwarf named Gimli.
No one was ready to destroy the ring, but then Frodo took the Initiative to deal with danger and destroy the ring, which was only possible in mount doom. Frodo, with his 3 dwarf friends Pippin, Merry and Sam, accompanied by Gimli, Boromir and Legolas, started their journey – attacked, lost and then finally they went to a place which belonged Elves. There Frodo met Galadriel and came to know about the upcoming danger of the dwarfs.
The panic-stricken Frodo gets advice from Galadriel that he will be deceived by one of his closest mates but can reach his destiny if a real true friend accompanies him.
The series continues, and Frodo almost reaches mount doom to learn about Gollum. In the quest to destroy the ring, the fellowship broke where the armies of Saruman and Sauron grew stronger. The mystery behind Gollum was unveiled, and the war to conquer middle earth began. However, overcoming all the difficulties, Frodo finally destroys the magical ring. On the other side, the dwarf society evolved and made them strong enough to deal with every situation.
Also, Read About- She Hulk
Now, this is all we can expect and the creators have given hints via The Lord of the Rings Trailer. Since the prequel of the Lord of the Rings receives an immense response from the audience, we think that this series is going to be a blockbuster. Let us know what you think about the show in the comment section.